Today I have a special post for you all!
My father knows nothing about perfume. He doesn’t even wear cologne, except for an imp of BPAL Odin that I got him for Father’s Day that he wears on special occasions. Therefore, I thought it would be interesting and fun to have him review a bunch of my scents.
- NAVA Adele
- Gold Alexandria Sea salt, Gold Peach Skin, Crystal Vanilla, Kobalt Vanilla and a kiss from Moonstone.
“Sweet, light. Unoffensive. I like it.”
- BPAL Crowley
- Infernal musk, red patchouli, lilac cologne, mahogany, lemon rind, oakmoss, leather, and vanilla husk.
“Very masculine. Kind of reminds me of a fancy aftershave.”
- Sixteen92 Keres
- Blood orange, black iris, metallic accord, vetiver, sun-warmed musk, and iso e super.
“I have no idea what this is, but I like it.”
- BPAL Dorian
- A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.
“Bergamot, bergamot, bergamot, some other stuff, and bergamot. Masculine.”
- Solstice Scents Snowshoe Pass
- White Amber, White Musk, Vanilla Accord, Peppermint Cream, Cold Winds
“Very musky with a little mint. I don’t find it cold at all.”
- BPAL Jack
- True Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.
“Peaches! And clove. I love clove. It’s a very warm scent.”
- Solstice Scents Cenobite
- A deep Vanilla Bean which has a slight boozy liqueur note on application mixed with a pile of fresh vanilla beans and a sultry, smooth, rich and creamy French Vanilla.
“It’s just vanilla, right? Regardless, I really like it.”
- BPAL Mary Read
- Salt air, ocean mist, aged patchouli, sarsaparilla, watered-down rum, leather-tinged musk, and a spray of gunpowder.
“I smelled it before you even put it near my face! It’s really strong and spicy too. This smells like a pirate who won’t hesitate to run you through with a sword.”
- BPAL The Lights of Men’s Lives
- The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death’s shadowy cave.
“Baby powder? It smells like little kids, but maybe I just saw the name and thought that.”
- Arcana Strawberries Crave Black Sand
- The richest amber resin with black coconut, coconut husks, smoky vetiver, and a sliver of almost-overripe strawberry.
“Fruity and beachy! Mostly coconut, and burnt driftwood. Smells like Miami Beach.”
- BPAL Stekkjarstaur
- Wooly sugared marshmallow root.
“Sugar? Butterscotch? I was close to marshmallow! It’s very light though.”
He did pretty well for the most part!
Of all the perfumes he smelled, Alkemia Smoke and Mirrors was his favorite, since “it smells like a campfire!”. I then asked him what he would want in a perfume and he said that he loves the smell of cloves, a warm cup of spiced chai, or a Philly cheesesteak.
I hope you all enjoyed! If you did, let me know and I’ll do another one of these in the future!