Everybody loves a good dupe. They’re a great way to save money while also getting the desired look or smell that you want! For those to aren’t familiar, “dupe” is short for duplicate, and it refers to a makeup or perfume that looks like and performs in a very similar way to another, more expensive product. I noticed that several perfumes in my collection shared similar note lists, but are they dupes for each other? Let’s find out!
Arcana Fille de Joie vs Haus of Gloi First Blush
- Fille de Joie notes: Delicate lavender marshmallows and yellow peaches cured in a vanilla absolute bottle
- First Blush notes: Tahitian vanilla bean, white tea, lavender and peach.
Are they dupes? Nope! Fille de Joie is much softer and delicate due to the marshmallow. First Blush is very bright and almost sparkling. If they were people, Fille de Joie is a woman in her early twenties in a white lace dress, while First Blush is her fifteen or sixteen year old sister in a bright floral dress.
NAVA Adele vs NAVA Egyptian Peach Blossom
- Adele notes: Gold Alexandria Sea salt, Gold Peach Skin, Crystal Vanilla, Kobalt Vanilla and a kiss from Moonstone.
- Egyptian Peach Blossom notes: Egyptian Summer Peach Orchard, Egyptian Sandalwood (Nokturne:Santalum) and Egyptian Vanilla Resin (Nokturne:Kobalt)
Are they dupes? Nope! Adele has a very fresh, ripe, juicy peach note, whereas the peach in EPB is more syrupy and candied. EPB isn’t bad, but it’s not similar to Adele at all to my nose.
Alkemia Les Mysteres vs sixteen92 Moirai
- Les Mysteres notes: Aged frankincense, black figs, labdanum, dark amber, Russian tea, swirled with a trio of sensual musks.
- Moirai notes: Black fig, black & red tea leaves, ginger root, coconut milk and papyrus.
Are they dupes? Yes! These smell nearly identical to my nose, with Moirai being just a touch sweeter from the coconut milk. But if you have one, you don’t need the other.
BPAL Diligent Instruction for the Bridal Night vs BPTP Enveloped in Silk
- Diligent Instruction notes: Sugar-dusted strawberries and mallow blossoms.
- Enveloped in Silk notes: Strawberry cream, white musk, and orris root
Are they dupes? Mostly. Both have the prominent strawberries and cream scent, but Diligent is a little bit powdery (not in a bad way) because of the powdered sugar, while Enveloped in Silk is almost milkier.
Solstice Scents Cenobite vs NAVA Pyramid Vanille 2
- Cenobite notes: A deep Vanilla Bean which has a slight boozy liqueur note on application mixed with a pile of fresh vanilla beans and a sultry, smooth, rich and creamy French Vanilla.
- Pyramid Vanilla 2 notes: French Vanilla, Tahitian Vanilla, Ember Vanilla and Bastet’s Ice Cream Vanilla Absolute
Are they dupes? Unfortunately, no. PV2 is very rich and gourmand, and it reminds me a lot of Arcana Two Finger Ballet, and I would consider it to be a dupe for that scent. It smells like a decadent vanilla and caramel dessert. Cenobite, on the other hand, isn’t gourmand, and it’s way sexier in my opinion. They’re both great vanillas, but totally different. I think I’ve finally come to terms with that fact that I will never find a dupe for my beloved Cenobite.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any other dupes you want to share, or you want me to investigate a certain pair of scents to see if they’re dupes, let me know in the comments!